CORONAVIRUS DISEASE (COVID-19)
Concern about the coronavirus causing COVID-19 is understandable and appropriate.
MAY 28th, 2020 -
Beginning the first week of June, Weld County will conduct four testing events at various locations. If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, such as fever, cough or difficulty breathing, you can register for a free COVID-19 test. No doctor’s note required. Individuals must be symptomatic and at least 18 years of age to register. For more information, visit www.weldhealth.org.
What is the Town of LaSalle doing?
The Town is currently taking the actions listed below; this plan will be updated as needed, based upon the evolving situation. We are working with Weld County Health Department, LaSalle Fire District, as well as other partner organizations to coordinate our operations and activities in the event of a worsening public health risk.
- Community Center – Closed until further notice
- Town Hall – Closed to the Public
- Encourage online bill pay or using the drop box at Town Hall
Our goal is to keep the Town functioning at the highest levels, providing essential services, and keeping our infrastructure operational. We are looking forward to the end of this virus as much as you are and are trying hard to accommodate as much as possible. Please contact the LaSalle Town Hall at 970-284-6931 with any questions. Thank you!
What can you do now?
We urge all LaSalle residents and community members to protect themselves with the most up-to-date coronavirus prevention practices and measures recommended by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Additionally, we are also at the height of flu season. As with any respiratory virus, people should continue to practice these everyday wellness steps:
- Clean your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use and alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Get an annual flu vaccine
Questions about the virus and those seeking medical advice should contact health professionals.
- Call CO Help at 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911
- Email COHELP@RMPDC.org, for answers in English and Spanish to your COVID-19 questions.
As of March 10, Governor Polis declared a State of Emergency in Colorado which will open up access to additional resources to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
Print Resources from the CDC
Weld County Press Release
Town Hall will be closed on Friday the 3rd in honor of the 4th of July. Have a safe and healthy holiday.
LaSalle Clean up days July 18 & 19 Saturday from 9-1 (including shredding at Town Hall) Sunday from 12-4 Please bring correct change and social distancing will be in place. Thank you,